What's in a name?
As with most new startups, the hardest task is coming up with a unique and memorable name. After weeks of deliberation, the three finally
settled on "Jemmac Software".
People often ask the origin of the name, and it is actually quite simple - it is formed from the initials
of the three co-founders and their wives.
Over the last 20 years Jemmac has grown to a team size of ten. This perfectly suits Jemmac's strategy of being big enough to take on
large scale projects, whilst remaning small enough to be agile, focussed and flexible.
The Director's skills have been supplemented by a group of highly skilled, free thinking talented
individuals, all of who add to the 'mix' that is Jemmac.
Diverse Client base
Although our origins are in writing real-time software for process control, we have found that the lessons learned transfer well to other
market sectors. Chemicals Plants are demanding, volatile, safety critical environments, so applying the same methodology to other sectors will produce
software that greatly exceeds the security, reliability and performance requirements of the target
These days, our client base covers applications as diverse as:
- Web based project management tools
- Remote telematic systems
- Automotive Point Of Sale pricing systems
- Online Customer Relationship Management Surveys for the NHS
- Real-time Data Collection and Visualization Tools for continuous production environments
- System for analysing biological and biomedical information
- Enterprise wide remote global monitoring tools